I like a new year because it’s a time to reflect on the past and refocus on new goals for the future.
Looking back at 2016 the one thing I’m the most happy about is that The Black Velvet Coat became a bestseller! Thank you all for helping make it happen. It has encouraged me to keep going with my next novel, which is scheduled for release in spring 2018.
Now it’s also time for me to make specific plans for the new year. This is how I find them. I close my eyes, take a few deep breaths and feel my heartbeat. Then I open my eyes, pick up my pen and write my goals very quickly. I keep the list short and attainable. Some are very precise and others more general.
Ta Da! My 2017 Resolutions:
1. Learn how to use Uber.
2. Turn off technology (cell phone & computer) at 8pm.
3. Keep sugar intake to a minimum. No more than one chai vanilla latte or two pieces of dark chocolate daily or… (With my sweet tooth this is hardest for me.)
4. Write every day.
5. Submit batch of poems for publication every month.
6. Keep practicing yoga and taking tap dance classes!
7. Maintain a positive attitude.
8. Continue to pray for our country.
I’ve told you mine. Now what are yours? Comment below!