The Green Lace Corset by Jill G. Hall
Download the Discussion Sheet to print it.
1.The book explores the experiences of two women at defining moments in their lives. Do you identify more with Anne or Sally Sue? Who would you want as your best friend?
2. How are the decisions that Anne and Sally Sue make shaped by the era they live in? How do you think each would do if they switched places in time?
3. If you had a green lace corset where would you wear it?
4. Elvira tells Sally Sue to find the honey in every heart. Do you think that’s possible?
5. When were you rooting for Anne and Sally Sue the most? When did their choices or actions frustrate you?
6. How did Anne and Sally Sue’s relationships with the men in their lives evolve as the story progressed?
7. What advice would you give Sally Sue or Anne at the beginning, middle, and end of the story?
8. The book uses several cinematic elements. If you were to cast the movie, who do you think should play Anne and Sally Sue? Who would play the supporting roles?
9. Do you shop at vintage stores? Do you ever wonder about who owned certain items and what their life was like?
10. One of the book’s themes is that there are all types of families. At the end of the book how is that especially true for Anne and Sally Sue? Do you think each woman will be successful moving forward with their lives?